Regional Sales Manager
Are you the new Regional Sales Manager we are looking for?
A Global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of prescription frames and sunglasses in the luxury and premium segments.
As a Regional Sales Manager (Southern part of the Netherlands), you are ultimately responsible for the delivery of the targeted volume of sales of your direct reports. This is to be achieved through Implement and monitor the sales strategy in the assigned area / for the assigned brands, in consideration of the consolidated strategy and ensure the meeting of targets in order to secure and expand market share.
The successful candidate will have number of core accountabilities in the role, including:
• setting and communicating sales targets through effective bottom up planning processes in conjunction with the Head of Independent Sales;
• recruiting and training sales personnel;
• developing sales strategies to deliver your regional plan;
• monitoring your team’s performance and motivating them to reach targets;
• managing employee relations issues in conjunction with the HR department;
• direct responsibility for annual commercial contracts, setting & achieving targets, with selection of the best independent customers (TOP).
• reporting on a weekly (using email template), monthly and quarterly basis to the Head of Independent Sales a review of performance and forthcoming plans;
• developing relationships with key stakeholders both internal and external including Clients, Commercial Marketing team, Credit Control, CIC Team and the Senior Leadership;
• development and implementation of individual coaching plans for your team and effective in field coaching accompaniments. Completion of Field Accompaniment forms to be sent weekly to Head of Independent Sales; and
• delivery of targeted volume and brand execution plans.
• have successfully managed a sales force of at least 6 to10 individuals;
• have proven sales management experience;
• have strong interpersonal and communications skills;
• have strong Apple iPad and PC skills including competent use of the Microsoft Office;
• preferably have an understanding of the Optical Industry;
• have a full, clean driving licence (essential);
• Speak Dutch and English
The successful candidate will require a number of key competencies and abilities to succeed in the role:
1. Sharing the Vision – Enabling the “feet on the street” to march in step by facilitating a common understanding of sales objectives and strategies, from global to local, by involving the team in creating their own compelling/ inspiring vision of the way forward
2. Concise and Inspiring Communication – Adopting a coaching style of management communication with a focus on growing self-reliant individuals who think for themselves (awareness) and own their own actions (responsibility).
3. Distribution and Execution Management – Singularly focused on Excellence in Availability (Selective Distribution + Dominant Display + Efficient Execution) when working with the team to create local, territory and customer objectives, strategies and action plans
4. Organising and planning – Continuously improving efficiency and effectiveness by deploying the right, skilled people, in the right doors, doing the right things, to achieve the right results; the ability to manage a number of activities, projects and people simultaneously, whilst always meeting deadlines.
5. Being a flexible Sales Person – Being able to demonstrate and coach the company sales process and develop strong and rewarding relationships with Elite clients throughout your region
6. Performance Management – Sustaining focus and clarity by prioritising performance measures, collecting only information that will be used, selectively auditing performance and encouraging individuals to self-assess and take their own initiatives to continuously improve
7. Committed People Developer – Believing that “Results through People” requires sales learning to be an intrinsic part of the sales culture; encourages and supports learner driven development; prioritises and sustains an intensive coaching schedule both in the field and through sales meetings.
8. Motivational Leadership – Being sensitive to individual and team motivators/de-motivators; building self-reliance (awareness/ responsibility) as the foundation for individual motivation; leading from the front in demonstrating what success is; acting as a competent “housekeeper” in minimising/ removing the distractions that reduce motivation
9. Team Building – Fosters a cooperative team style; makes teambuilding a team challenge by focusing on the qualities and behaviours of a winning team
Keys to Success
• being an excellent leader – being able to coach and motivate your team to achieve group and individual targets, and quickly identify areas for improvement and development.
• using a structured approach to sales meetings – using appropriate questions to establish customer needs, answering customer questions and handling objections effectively, applying a professional and structured approach to conducting sales meetings, preparing and following-up in an effective and expedient manner in line with company standards.
• demonstrating outstanding product knowledge – understanding, demonstrating, and bringing to life the histories, visions, and stories of individual portfolio brands as well as the superiority of our clients’ manufacturing; acting as a brand ambassador. Effectively managing a brand portfolio to meet the needs of company, brands, sales team, and customers.
• acting as a guardian of the Culture – leading by example in all of the above; maintaining focus on brand building as the cornerstone of our success; demonstrating integrity and trustworthiness, according to company values Passionate, Imaginative, Entrepreneurial, Simple and Fast.
• acting as a guardian of the Brand – building an account base to deliver and exceed objectives in line with brand strategy is essential.
Salary indication: 60/65K excl. holiday allowance, with 30% of base salary on annual bonus.